Why submit diagrams and symbols to the gallery?
- To help others creating electrical documentation.
- If there is a mistake in your project, other may help you find it and correct it.
- You encourage others to send their work.
- If you work on an interesting project, you may receive advice from others who worked on a similar project.
- If you company has an interesting product, you can introduce it to the gallery visitors.
- Schools and training institutions can demonstrate their level of teaching.
Which diagrams and symbols should be sent to the gallery?
Although ProfiCAD is offered with a rich library of symbols, the most users need to create symbols from their area of expertise. Please submit symbols that you were missing and which you had to create.
Which diagrams and symbols should not be sent to the gallery?
By submitting your diagrams and symbols you give them available to the others. Anyone can use them as they wish. Do not submit diagrams containing trade secrets. Do not submit diagrams created by someone else without their approval. Do not submit diagrams with illegal contents.
How to submit a diagram or symbol
Before submitting you may want to add a description to a diagram. This description will be shown in the gallery and the search engine will use it for the full text search. In the ProfiCAD gallery click "submit" in the left side menu. Click the "browse" button. Select the file you want to submit and click OK. After the file is submitted, you can carry on with submitting other files. The files you submit will be processed manually and will appear in the gallery in several days.
Go to the submit form
How to search for diagrams and symbols
Click the "search" menu option on the left side. The following table is a summary of the search query syntax.
search by key words
|single word||amplifier||finds all items containing given word in item's name or description|
|group of words||power line||finds all items containing at least on of the given words in item's name or description|
|AND||power AND line||finds items containing both words|
|phrase||"power line"||finds items exactly matching given words|
|single word partial (at least 4 letters)||ampl||finds all items starting with given expression (for instance "aplifier")|
|wildchar symbol ?||amp?i*||? single character wildcard search looks for terms that match that with the single character replaced.|
|number of the symbol (at least 4 characters)||
|finds all items with the number given. For instance:
manualy operated switch
Searching by category
category Categories are organized hierarchically. When you search by category, search engine returns all items from that category and nested categories.
Searching by date
Makes it possible to search for recent items only.
Search results are displayed ten items on a page. Each item contains a preview. . Clicking on a preview opens a detailed view.
Why to create an account?
You can submit items to the gallery anonymously or using your account (recommended).
Advantages of logged on users:
- You can add comments and questions to the items in the gallery.
- You can bookmark items to find them easily later.
- A listing of items submitted by a particular user is available.
How to create an account
Click "new user" in the top right corner. Choose your user name and password. After creating your account you will be redirected to your profile page where you can add the following information:
- Your e-mail address. This e-mail address will be kept in secrecy and used only to send you your password, should you forget it.
- Your signature for discussion forums.
- Anything about you that might be of interest for other visitors of the ProfiCAD gallery.